Thursday, April 11, 2019

April's Fooling Around Again

March is long gone and here we are on April 11th.  Spring has sprung in many parts of the country, but here today, it's snow plowing as usual.

 We haven't had all of the snow from winter melt yet, and now with the new addition of what looks to be close to five inches today I guess it will be another few weeks before we are snow-free.  The birds are frantically fighting over who gets to the bird feeder buffet first.
 On Monday, we were enjoying a balmy day, temps were in the sixties and the sun was shining brightly.  I took advantage of the breezy day to hang out my laundry for the first time since November, well, at least some of it, as only two wash lines were clear of snow.   It was weird hanging laundry outside standing in a snowbank up to my knees.  

 The nearly eight foot tall drift was down to about three feet on Monday, and I'm starting to find the lawn ornaments again.
The Quarry is full now, about the only thing we'll have going for us for the June Hosta tour.

By mid afternoon on Monday we had a thunderstorm and then it all went downhill from there weather wise until we ended up here, April 11, with yet another Winter Storm Advisory.  

On the plus side, I see that Tornado Awareness Day, which was originally scheduled for today, has now been postponed until Friday.  Who knew you can postpone tornadoes?  I think this is something we all should do.

2 comments:

outlawgardener said...

Geeze, I'm sorry winter won't just bow out gracefully in your neck of the woods!

Karen said...

Yes, it's overstaying its welcome quite a bit, that's for sure. I really should't complain (but I will) since this is not really all that unusual for us. Oddly enough, I was the only person I knew who STILL had snowbanks in their yards yet on Monday. I must be special.