Friday, September 10, 2010

Fertilizer Friday

I was feeling a little better today and got outside to take some pictures of what is still blooming for Tootsie's Fertilizer Friday.  The weather is definitely getting colder; who knows how many weeks before not much is blooming?  I hope it is awhile yet, I'm not ready to let go of the flowers.

Riverbed: Things are looking a little tired here.
Backlit ornamental grasses
Sort of a panoramic of the backyard, just not glued together...

Pachyberm
 Gazebo and River Bed
I know, I take a lot of pictures of these areas, but the light was really nice tonight.  (Sorry for the reruns!)
Approaching the Escarpment

The sky was so BLUE this afternoon!  Photo taken from the west side of the Quarry Garden.
'Victoria' Salvia, 'Profusion Cherry' Zinnia, 'Crystal' Angustofolia Zinnia
'Urnie Urn' and the Rocks--sounds like a polka band

Pachyberm viewed from the road
Another rerun, but the colors were so delicious
Out in front of the house
Behind the Quarry
Zebra Grass with a volunteer ageratum (and a few weeds...oops)
Looking across the Quarry
Bosnian pine on the rocks
Going through the 'Egress Gate'.
Carl named it that, something about P.T. Barnum needed a way to keep people moving through his circus tents, so he made a sign for the exit entitled, "Come and See the Great Egress"...and since most people didn't know it meant 'Exit' they dutifully scampered out to see the Great Egress, thereby clearing the way for more visitors. 
With that last bit of silliness, I'll STOP. 
(The hawk was sitting on the corner stop sign when we went to town.  He's very pretty!)
Mailbox bed out by road. 
Ok, that's it, sorry for the reruns, but the fall-lineup hasn't started blooming yet!  

Off to see what other gardeners have blooming for Fertilizer Friday!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Karen

8 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Karen ~ Glad you are feeling a little better. Love all of your photos and the lighting was wonderful. It makes me feel like fall is coming, even though for us, it won't happen for a couple of months yet.

Enjoy all that beauty that is still surrounding you, it is truly a blessing.

FlowerLady

Ellada said...

Hello,
I am so glad that you are feeling better.
As always you took very nice pictures of your beautiful garden.

Beth said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and could get outside to enjoy your beautiful flowers! I hope all the colorful flowers last a little while longer for you. I enjoy looking at all your photos, and enjoy your sense of humor too! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving all those wonderful comments, I really appreciate them!

Shirley said...

Karen, your garden is gorgeous! I love the large rocks and your grasses, particularly when backlit! Very nice!

Kether said...

Just breathtaking! Thanks for the tour.

Anonymous said...

You have done a remarkable job on your garden. It looks so large. We use quarry rock here a lot, not in my tiny plot, but on landscapes which I design. In fact an new one is starting Monday with nine walls and stairs. Lots of stone for sure. Your plants look so healthy and well cared for, must take a bit of time. Even the volunteers make their way to your garden. That says a lot about your gardening, they want to grow in your gardens.

Missy said...

Never apologise for showing views of your garden Karen, even reruns. It's beautiful. You get to see it every day. We can only enjoy it through your photos, so love to see them all.

Tootsie said...

it is all just so pretty that I wish I could tour in person..but for now...I'll settle for photos! thanks for linking in!